Cyber Security

Some of the world’s top security officials are heading to Las Vegas for Black Hat this week. And Hillary Clinton’s campaign could get a boost. During the week-long conference, a cybersecurity-focused fundraiser will be held, according to Clinton’s website. According to a campaign official, the event was organized by supporters without any involvement from the […]

by

Peter J. Beshar is executive vice president and general counsel of Marsh McLennan. Cyber breaches have dominated the headlines in the United States, with public companies, government agencies, universities, and now even political parties reporting attacks. No sector has been spared. Gazing across the Atlantic, however, the landscape appears dramatically and blissfully different. Virtually no […]

by

Despite the constant warnings experts keep giving out to businesses concerning cyber-security, UK’s firms won’t be prioritizing it in the next 12 months. This is according to a new quarterly survey by Close Brothers. Its key takeaway is that 63 percent of companies decided not to invest in better security, while the other 37 percent decided to […]

by

Cybersecurity or as we know it is actually an integral part of your business strategy. While it mainly caters to every business module, smaller firms are usually affected the most in both ways. These organizations are prone to cyber attacks as an occasional breach isn’t that uncommon. Then again, it is imperative to look into […]

by

When the Democratic National Committee discovered in April that its computer networks had been hacked, leaders there did not just alert government intelligence. They called CrowdStrike, a 5-year-old cybersecurity firm that makes millions from mercenary work sold with a promise: “We Stop Breaches.” The Irvine-based contractor last month revealed what it had found: Two Russian […]

by

Recent hacks of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s campaign headquarters underscore just how widespread and constant are the threats to this nation’s cybersecurity. The nation’s critical infrastructure too is being subjected to increasing cyberattack. Much of this infrastructure is privately owned and its security, therefore, is also largely the responsibility of the private […]

by

Editorial Putin’s Game We’ll Survive Short Shrift Articles Leaks, Hacks, and Liberals Happy Talk for Anxious Allies Bernie Fails to Make Progress Here Comes Hillary On the Terror Beat Of Philanthropy and Phonies Long Lines and Empty Shelves Age of the Furies Features Lest We Forget … read more at: http://www.weeklystandard.com/hillary-clinton-campaign-hosting-cybersecurity-fundraiser/article/2003605

by

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. Following a tumultuous week of newly disclosed cyber attacks against the Democratic Party, Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign will be hosting a cybersecurity-themed fundraising event this week at the Las Vegas-based Black Hat cybersecurity conference.  The event is scheduled to take place just days after the campaign’s own network was reportedly found to […]

by

Philadelphia Insurance Companies’ (PHLY) has launched a new Cyber Security Liability Endorsement that offers both first and third party protection for numerous classes of business. The Cyber Security Liability Endorsement can be added to most PHLY commercial package policies with general liability coverage. Available coverages include security event costs, network security and privacy liability coverage, and […]

by

A lack of valued cyber-security skills has left businesses open to attacks resulting in reputation damage and data loss, research shows. (Click image for larger view and slideshow.) A robust security strategy requires a skilled workforce. Today’s IT managers are challenged to defend their networks as a lack of cyber-security talent is leaving them vulnerable […]

by